What We Believe
What We Believe
We Believe in one God–Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We Believe God is the creator of man and all things.
We Believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son and Savior of the world.
We Believe the Holy Spirit dwells within every Christian and empowers us to live righteously.
1 John 4:13;
1 John 3:24;
2 Timothy 1:7;
We Believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and the final authority for all matters of faith.
2 Timothy 3:16
We Believe that man, created by God, willfully sinned, and as a result, is lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ.
1 John 1:7
We Believe salvation (the forgiveness of sins) comes by grace through the blood of Jesus Christ (His death on the cross).
We Believe the Bible teaches that the pattern to follow to receive Jesus as Savior is to believe in Christ as God's Son and Savior of the world, to repent of personal sin, to confess Christ as Lord, and to be immersed in baptism.
2 Peter 3:9
We Believe it is God's plan for the elders to shepherd the local church.
1 Timothy 3:1–7;
1 Peter 5:1–4
We Believe death seals the eternal destiny of each person. The saved will inherit eternal life; the
unsaved, eternal separation from God.
We Believe the Bible teaches that God intends for marriage to be a monogamous, life-long loving relationship between a man and a woman and that His design for sex is exclusively within the context of a Biblical marriage.
Genesis 1:28; 9:7
We Believe the church is the body and bride of Christ, founded on the day of Pentecost, consisting of all Christians everywhere.
We Believe the Bible teaches that every Christian should be an active member of a local church.
We Believe that the Bible instructs church members to:
- Meet together regularly for fellowship, worship, teaching, and the Lord's Supper.
- Use our natural abilities and spiritual gifts to serve one another.
1 Corinthians 12:12-31
- Love one another, bear with one another, accept one another, and forgive one another.
1 Peter 4:8;
- Seek unity, agreement, and peace with one another.
- Encourage and build up one another.
- Bear one another's burdens and pray for one another.
- Spur one another to love and good deeds.
- Submit to the authority of the elders of the church.
1 Timothy 3;
1 Timothy 5:17;
1 Peter 5:1-4;
- Support the church financially.
1 Corinthians 16:1-4;
2 Corinthians 8-9
- Pursue personal holiness and obedience to God's Word.
1 Peter 1:15;
- Strive together to fulfill the Great Commission.